Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hello

Hi my name is Chris Brody and I am busy with a few mobile app projects. I got a FreeBSD 8.2 hosting server from LeaseWeb and so far it seems to be working pretty well. I was able to create a couple jails, install git and node.js from ports, update the ports, and also gitolite from the ports.

In addition to jails, I discovered BHyVe which is a 2 clause BSD licensed hypervisor module for FreeBSD 9. Using a hypervisor is a key building block to offer sufficient protection for all parties. FreeBSD jails are actually pretty good but AFAIK they do not offer protection against CPU overload. I believe a permissive license such as BSD, MIT, zlib, or Apache can help improve commercial quality since they promote innovation and sharing without forcing parties to share source code in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment